Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The loss of alignment!

One thing I am glad will be gone is alignment. No more stupid arguments about how 'Chaotic Whatever' should act or whether an act is lawful or not. I have largely been blessed with players who don't tend to play evil psychopaths (although most of the characters have been pretty far from saints). But I basically really hate stupid alignments arguments and hate trying to leash in players with alignment. In Doug's game I play a cleric and Holy Word is my go to spell. There is one character who doesn't have 'good' written down on their character sheet, but what they have written down is largely meanginless to the way our characters act. I play a 'Lawful Good' cleric, but I ignore a lot of church policy I find to be silly. Should I be chaotic? I don't care!

For a really spot on portrayal of stupid alignment stuff watch Gamers: Dorkness Rising. Can't recommend this enough to gamers.

1 comment:

iwarriorpoet said...

We'll see how that works out for a Lawful Good Paladin...